I finally couldn’t stand my mother-in-law’s solution to the broken battery cover on the TV remote so I 3D printed a new one.
The retention clip on the battery cover for the TV remote broke off a while ago and I super glued it back twice. When I was away on a business trip, it broke off again and finally disappeared into the Void. So, for the past month or two, a rubber band, courtesy of my mother-in-law, was all that kept the cover from falling off.
The rubber band, however, kept getting in the way of pushing the buttons. So, yesterday, I decided to resolve the issue by 3D printing a new one. I measured the dimensions of the broken cover and designed a new piece in Fusion 360.
I’m still learning how to use the software, so it took me a few hours to finally get something close. My first few prototypes were a tad tight, so after some tweaking, I got it to fit on the fifth print.
A quick spray of black paint completed the job.